Would you like to spend an entire day learning more about a particular aspect of AWS? Do you want to start from scratch with an introductory course, do you want to polish your skills with an advanced class in scalability, operations, or game development, or are you looking for something in-between?
As part of AWS re:Invent 2013, we have assembled a set of 18 training bootcamps at four levels (100 to 400, just like college). The bootcamps cover 16 different topics (some of them are so popular that we'll be running two parallel sessions).
Here's the scene from last year:
The attendees at last year's bootcamp left us some great feedback. Here's a sampling:
- "Great session! Just what I needed to get me started using AWS. They answered all my questions and were extremely helpful!"
- "The overview of Cloudformation was very beneficial and gave me insight into where this fits perfectly into our environment. This time was well spent. Thank-you."
- "The SWF overview and lab were the most useful to me. I also found the autoscale, SNS, SQS 'recipe' quite useful. Second most useful was Chef; I've used Puppet, but not Chef so it was good to have something to compare against.
- "The CloudFormation parts were definitely the most helpful. This is something taht I didn't even know about, and after the bootcamp I have completely changed the way I look at things. I was happy with AWS before, but this is something that still has me in disbelief how fantastic it is."
Here's what we have in store for you in 2013 (full descriptions):
- AWS Essentials
- Getting Started With AWS - Technical
- Cloud Storage for the Enterprise
- Supercharge Your Real-Time Analytics on AWS with SAP HANA
- Architecting Highly Secure Applications on AWS
- Mapping Enterprise Security Tools and Operations to AWS
- Deploying Highly Available NAS for Enterprise Applications with Red Hat Storage
- Connecting your Datacenter to AWS
- Architecting Highly Available Applications on AWS
- Re-engineering Your Application for AWS
- Store, Manage and Analyze Big Data in the Cloud
- Enterprise Applications on AWS
- Implementing the Microsoft Enterprise Datacenter in the AWS Cloud
- Taking AWS Operations to the Next Level
- High Performance Computing (HPC) Clusters on AWS
- Coding a Scalable Java Web Application with AWS Elastic Beanstalk and the AWS SDK for Java
The sessions will be held on Tuesday, November 12th. You'll show up 9 AM, dual-core laptop in hand, and you'll spend the next eight hours learning from our AWS Solutions Architects and other subject-matter experts. These are hands-on sessions and you do not have the option to simply sit back and watch! Come prepared to learn, interact, and build.
In addition to the formal training at the bootcamp, you can also spend some time discussing your own applications with the Solution Architects in the session. We will have one SA present for every eight attendees.
If you have yet to register for AWS re:Invent, you can choose a bootcamp as part of the registration process. Start here!
If you are already registered and would like to attend a bootcamp, click here.