With just over one month until the entries close for the AWS Global Start-Up Challenge, there’s still plenty of time to submit your start-up for consideration.
This year, we are seeing lots of great applications in the Consumer Applications and Business Applications categories, but not as many for Gaming and Big Data and HPC. This is a great opportunity for folks to present their ideas to the AWS judging team, no matter where you are in the development process for your business.
If you are new to AWS, here are some resources to help you to get started:
- AWS Developer Tools - SDKs, tools, toolkits, and more.
- Developer How-To Videos - Video tutorials for every major part of AWS.
- AWS Documentation - API references, getting started guides, and reference cards.
- Articles and Tutorials - In-depth documents to help you to get started with AWS.
What’s pleasing to see is that we have applicants competing from all over the globe! From Australia to India, from France to Israel, and from Pittsburgh to Portland, we have a great mix of exciting start-ups.
In the contest entry form, we ask all applicants, “Why do you want to win the AWS Global Start-Up Challenge?” Here are some of the best responses we’ve received so far:
- “We are trying to disrupt a truly challenging space: We want to introduce Online Finance 2.0.”
- “We work day and night for our project and spent all our money to make a great project/product that everyone loves.”
- “What has been the shortest poem of Mohammed Ali? Me We The American dream is also within our company. If you have a good idea at the right time and work hard, you have a chance to win.”
Don’t miss out on applying to this year’s AWS Global Start-Up Challenge – the contest closes at 11.59.59 PM PST on Friday November 9. The winners will receive $50k in cash and $50k in AWS credits to help kickstart their business.