We released the AWS Marketplace in late April of this year. Since that time, growth has been very strong: the number of sellers has doubled and over 75 products have been added to the catalog.
Here are some other fun facts about the Marketplace and ways that our customers are putting it to use:
- The first product sold was Wowza Media Server, launched in Brazil.
- Customers have launched software in all AWS regions, including Ireland, Singapore, Japan, Brazil, and US data centers in Virginia, Oregon, and California.
- The most popular region in terms of hours customers have spent running AWS Marketplace software is the US East (Northern Virginia) data center.
- The most popular overall category is Content Management.
- Other popular categories are Application Development, Databases and Caching (including NoSQL), Business Intelligence and Network Infrastructure.
If you are looking for pre-configured software that you can use to build products or to run your business, check out the AWS Marketplace. If you have software that you would like to list, start here. Also, you can keep track of our updates on Twitter.