Effectively immediately, Amazon DynamoDB is available in three additional AWS Regions. Here's the complete list:
- US East (Northern Virginia)
- EU (Ireland)
- Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
- US West (Northern California) - New
- US West (Oregon) - New
- Asia Pacific (Singapore) - New
You can find the complete list of HTTP and HTTPS service endpoints here.
AWS Evangelist Matt Wood is planning to host a webinar on Building Applications with Amazon DynamoDB next month. Matt is a very highly regarded speaker and I'm really looking forward to watching his webinar. The webinar will address the use of time series data, avoiding hot spots, modeling of complex data structures, automatic scaling, CloudWatch metrics, and more.
As you may be able to tell from our today's release and the recent release of the BatchWriteItem API, the DynamoDB team is definitely moving fast.If you are ready to move fast, consider these positions on the team:
- Operations Manager, SimpleDB / DynamoDB
- Software Development Engineer, DynamoDB
- Systems Engineer - Database Services