We have just opened up another AWS Region!
This one is located in the Pacific Northwest area of the United States, in the beautiful state of Oregon, and offers low-cost, low-latency access to our services from the Western portion of the US. We’re always trying to provide you with services at the lowest possible price. Pricing for this new region is currently the same as for the US East (Northern Virginia) region.
The new US West (Oregon) Region supports the following services:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and related services (Elastic Block Store, Virtual Private Cloud, Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling).
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).
- Amazon SimpleDB.
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS).
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS).
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce.
- AWS CloudFormation.
- Amazon CloudWatch.
This is our seventh Region, and our fourth in North America. You can see the full list in the Region menu of the AWS Management Console:
You can launch EC2 instances or store data in the new Region by simply making the appropriate selection from the menu.
PS - There are really four US Regions even though the menu shows just three. The fourth region is the ITAR-Compliant AWS GovCloud (US) Region, which I wrote about earlier this year.