Earlier this year I discussed our plans to allow you to run a wide variety of Oracle applications on Amazon EC2 in the near future. The future is finally here; the following applications are now available as AMIs for use with EC2:
- Oracle PeopleSoft CRM 9.1 PeopleTools
- Oracle PeopleSoft CRM 9.1 Database
- Oracle PeopleSoft ELM 9.1 PeopleTools
- Oracle PeopleSoft ELM 9.1 Database
- Oracle PeopleSoft FSCM 9.1 PeopleTools
- Oracle PeopleSoft FSCM 9.1 Database
- Oracle PeopleSoft PS 9.1 PeopleTools
- Oracle PeopleSoft PS 9.1 Database
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 App Tier
- JD Edwards Enterprise One - ORCLVMDB
- JD Edwards Enterprise One - ORCLVMHTML
- JD Edwards Enterprise One - ORCLVMENT
The application AMIs are all based on Oracle Linux and run on 64-bit high-memory instances atop the Oracle VM. You can use them as-is or you can create derivative versions tuned to your particular needs. We'll start out in one Region and add more in the near future.
As I noted in my original post, you can use your existing Oracle licenses at no additional license cost or you can acquire new licenses from Oracle. We implemented Oracle VM support on Amazon EC2 with hard partitioning so Oracle's standard partitioned processor licensing models apply.
All of these applications are certified and supported by Oracle. Customers with active Oracle Support and Amazon Premium Support will be able to contact either Amazon or Oracle for support.
You can find the Oracle AMIs in the Oracle section of the AWS AMI Catalog.