We just released version 1.0.8 of theAWS SDK for Java. In addition to some bug fixes, the SDK includes the following new features:
- Support for the new Reserved DB Instances.
- Improved constructors for the Amazon RDS model classes.
- A new StepFactory class to simplify the process of creating Elastic MapReduce job flows.
- Improved support for EC2 security groups.
- Improved constructors for the EC2 model classes.
- Additional diagnostic information in AWS responses including request IDs, S3 host IDs, and SimpleDB box usage.
The SDK includes the AWS Java library and some helpful code samples. You may also want to check out the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse.