This is a companion post to my earlier post -- Amazon EBS (Elastic Block Store) - Bring Us Your Data. In the other post you can read about the features of EBS. This post goes into more detail on the tool and library support that has been built by our community of third-party developers.
Here are some tools:
- The RightScale Dashboard includes complete support for EBS. RightScale founder Thorsten von Eicken has written a pair of posts to accompany the release: Why
Amazon's Elastic Block Store Matters and Amazon's Elastic Block Store
Explained. They've also got some good background information and tutorials.
- Ylastic supports EBS; more info can be found on their features page, in their blog post, or in the screencast.
- Cloud Studio also supports EBS. You can see the features in action in the video.
- Jollat now supports EBS.
And some libraries (some of the third parties will finalize their support in a day or two):
- Perl - Net::Amazon::EC2, Amazon EC2 Perl Library.
- Java - Typica, Amazon EC2 Java Library.
- Python - Boto.
- C# - Amazon EC2 C# Library.
- VB.Net - Amazon EC2 VB.Net Library.
- PHP - Amazon EC2 PHP Library.
PS - I'll be updating this post a couple of times in the wake of the EBS launch so come back again soon.