We're excited to announce Amazon ECS version 2007-07-16. There are several changes from previous versions, outlined below:
- This release introduces two new response groups: VariationMatrix and VariationOffers
- The VariationOffers response group enables you to retrieve the offers for the children of a parent ASIN. VariationOffers is a child response group of the Variations response group. VariationOffers differs by not returning item attributes for individual variations.
- The VariationMatrix response group returns, for a given parent ASIN, the variation dimension name and value of each child ASIN. If a returned item does not have variations, the VariationMatrix response group will not return any data.
- This release introduces a new operation: TagLookup.
TagLookup enables you to find items, guides, and Listmania lists using tags. A tag is a word or phrase that a customer on Amazon’s retail website associates with one of these entities. For example, a customer might tag a given entity with the phrase, “BestCookbook.
- ItemLookup, ItemSearch, and CustomerContentLookup have three, new, optional parameters.
All three operations can now accept tag-related parameter values to find items based on tags. The input parameters, TagPage, TagsPerPage, and TagSort, help retrieve and organize tag-related response elements.
- This release introduces tag-oriented response groups.
The new, tag-related response groups are: TaggedGuides, TaggedItems, TaggedListmaniaLists, TagsSummary, and Tags. Using these response groups, you can retrieve tag information for items, guides, and Listmania lists. Tags and TagSummary specify the amount of information returned. The other tag-related response groups, TaggedGuides, TaggedItems, and Tagged ListmaniaLists, specify the kind of entity tagged.
As always, aws.amazon.com has complete release notes and documentaion.